The following are community programs dealing with social concerns found in and around Blessed Sacrament Parish. For more information on each individual program, click the hyperlink to the left of its description.
- Carpenter's Shelter Program(external link) Blessed Sacrament was asked last winter to assist the Carpenter's Shelter in giving shelter to the homeless.
- Catholic Charities (external link) is operated by the Diocese of Arlington and is charged with "implementing the Church’s social mission in relationship to the needs of families, individuals and communities."
- Christ House (external link) provides "shelter to the homeless, food to the hungry and clothing to those in need." It is operated by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington and is located in Alexandria. For a flyer of possible volunteer opportunities, click here.
- Family Life Office of the Arlington Diocese
- Blessed Sacrament Respect Life Ministry
- National Right To Life Committee's Annual Conference (NRLC 2001) Go to http://www.nrlc.org/convention/index.html of Life or call (202) 737-9189.
- Project Rachel (external link) is operated by the Family Life Office of the Diocese of Arlington and provides counseling services to women who have had abortions in their life.
- Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL). Northern Virginia Chapter meets in the Blessed Sacrament Meeting Room at 6:30 p.m. on the First Sunday of each month (except holiday weekends). For more information, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org